Wednesday, November 30, 2011

HERE'S TO A NEW BEGINNING!

After a year of illness my mother sadly passed away on October 12 2011. Just two months before, my mother-in-law had passed away. In the spring my dear aunt and close friend lost her fight to cancer.
Entwined with all the sadness, the year for my daughter and I consisted of countless airplane rides from Los Angeles to England and Canada, on the go cooking and unpleasant hospital food. We spent a tremendous amount of time separated from my husband, my daughter's daddy. All our familiarity was segmented into short visits.
Even before David (my husband) and I had a child we had a substantial commitment to eat our meals together. For twelve years we've kept alive a sacred routine of kissing before every meal. Most days we eat breakfast and dinner together. Now having a two year old, I value this foundation that my husband and I have established for appreciating our food and each other's company. I love that food joins us regardless of our busy schedules.
Now that we're home and our routines are being reestablished I want to launch back into sharing my recipes. Although I spent much of this year away from the kitchen, the ideas and concepts kept flowing. I hope you enjoy the upcoming recipes and please feel free to leave a comment or follow SAsapore to stay connected. Thanks for all your support. Here's to a new beginning!

My Aunt Joan
My Mother-in-Law
My Mother

xox


1 comment: